Apostrophes in Community Server

I noticed that the RSS feed for this blog had a screwed up blog title because of the apostrophe in it. It seems that community server is htmlencoding the blog title, and that is getting passed through to the RSS feed as “& # 3 9 ;”. This was supposed to be fixed in a service pack, but doesn’t seem to have made it in yet on this particular blog.
In the meantime, I found a workaround. Open your Windows Character Map, and choose the following character:

Select it, copy it, and paste it into the text box for your blog title. It’s a good substitute, and doesn’t get encoded. I’m not sure if the same problem exists for post titles, so this workaround may be applicable to those as well.

UPDATE: I’ve now moved on and am using a WordPress blog.

One comment on “Apostrophes in Community Server

Comments are closed.